Thursday, September 17, 2009

iPhone

Throughout the past year, I have been through several cell phones. I never invested much money in any because I always tend to drop or lose them. When, I received an iPhone as a gift from my parents, I definitely had more of an incentive to take better care of it since it was so expensive. Within the iPhone, the E-mail service, Mapquest and the Notes application has made my personal life a lot easier.

Prior to my iPhone, I always made a point to stop on campus to check my e-mail or go all the way back to my apartment in order to check for important e-mails. When I realized that my iPhone offered the internet and an e-mail service on my own hand-held device, I was ecstatic. With my iPhone, I can now e-mail friends, family, group members or potential employers in a timely manner.

In addition to saving a ton of time with having my e-mail with me at all times, the iPhone provided me with another very helpful feature. I have never had a very good sense of direction, so the Mapquest app available on the iPhone truly did make my life a lot easier. Even when driving within 15 miles of my hometown, I can get lost. Being able to plug in my destination address or even street names was very beneficial. With this particular app on my phone, I am a much more confident driver.

Finally, the Notes app has been very helpful to me, especially as I am working my way into the business world. This past summer, my internship led me to Dallas, Texas. When visiting with co-workers and upper management over meals, meetings, etc., I did not always have my binder by my side. However, the Notes app, conveniently on my phone was always readily available for me to jot down a to-do list or important things to remember.

These are just a few features that I love on my iPhone. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment