Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Facebook Frenzy

Facebook tends to consume at least one hour per each of my days. As much as I love the fact that I can connect with my friends from Haiti, or the kids I went to grade school with, I have a few Facebook issues that I am sure others share as well.

There is one in every crowd. A creeper that is. "Creeping" on Facebook is a term I have ran into more than a hundred times in my life. "Stalking" is another good one. Those creepers or stalkers who friend people in which they have no connection to poses a big problem for me. Why does he or she need to see who I am or what I am doing, if we have absolutely no mutual friends? What are they possibly going to do with my personal information?

I have experienced a lot of younger people adding friends or accepting friend requests for the mere reason of having the most friends. I see it as being the most ignorant. I will admit that when I first joined Facebook, I would accept any human who added me. Now, after seeing the trouble people can get in from accepting random people to be their friends, I tend to be a little more smart. If I have never met someone or do not personally know them, I will not accept their friend request.

No comments:

Post a Comment