Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Mapquest

As previously mentioned, I consider Mapquest to be a life savor. Conveniently enough, I have it on my iPhone. However, today I decided to check out Mapquest on the web. Most of the apps on my iPhone are very useful, but they do not always offer what the web does. The web typically has many more options and features. Mapquest is a great example.

Today, my friends and I were looking for a pumpkin patch in the West Lafayette area. Oddly enough, the closest one we found was about 30 minutes away. Because we were short on time, we could not drive around to look for the pumpkin patch. Mapquest was our answer. I typed in the address, as usual and immediately got results. Because there was a big group of girls traveling to the site, I expected that I would have to print out directions for everyone.

Due to the new feature of texting and emailing directions, I saved a lot of trees! Plus, it was very easy for everyone to find because the directions were easily accessible on their cell phones.

No comments:

Post a Comment