Friday, December 11, 2009

Adrienne's blogging review.


Looking back on all of my blog entries, I can confidently say that I am happy that blogging was a requirement for my COM 435 course. There are so many thoughts that go on inside our heads each day and it is nice to take a moment to reflect on those thoughts and share them with others. Through reading other students blogs in this class, I have also learned quite a bit about new and emerging technologies and how each one affects my classmates in a different way.
When aimlessly searching around on the Internet the other day, I came across a web site called The Future Buzz. After reading an article about blogging, it confirmed my opinion on the matter. This article outlined 19 reasons why someone should blog. However, it also convinces people that although blogging is a good investment of one's time, the author said that not everyone should Twitter. As a Twitter user myself, I did not agree with this aspect of the article. The aspect I most agreed with in this article was the ability to change layout and text in a blog. This is not true for Twitter. For someone who loves both writing and design, a blog is the perfect place for expression of one's identity. As a former student of Art and Design, I truly do appreciate the availability and personalization of design layouts on blogger.com.
Overall, contrary to my disbelief, I have very much enjoyed writing weekly on blogger.com. In the past, I used to write in a journal on vacations and in the summer, when I had some extra time to gather and analyze my thoughts. This helped me to have a clear head and put whatever I was thinking down on paper. Not only did it help my writing skills, but it helped me solve my problems on my own. Overall, whether writing in my journal or online in a blog), I have significantly improved my grammar and organization in writing, which I am very thankful for. Not to mention, I learned a thing or two about new and emerging technologies :).

No comments:

Post a Comment