Friday, December 11, 2009

My Garmin GPS

For my birthday this year, my boyfriend told me that he had bought me a funny gift. He also mentioned that it was something I desperately needed. When I opened up the box, to my surprise, I found a GPS system. As previously mentioned in my blog, I am horrible with directions, so this funny gift would also be quite useful for a girl like me with absolutely no sense of direction.

The brand of this GPS system that was given to me was a Garmin. Before previously buying this brand, my boyfriend received very useful feedback from previous GPS owners and technicians via the Internet. The GPS review website he used is called GPS Reviews. As you can see, web sites like these truly do help in making a decision for someone who may have little knowledge on the product. It is also helpful to use a review site like the one above before purchasing items online, so you can see some of the positive and negative feedback from previous users.

My Garmin GPS system has already proved its usefulness. The other week, I ended up getting lost while going to a friend's house for the first time. I got right back on track after entering the address into the system. Something I value in this particular technology is the easy to use touch screen and simplicity of the technology. I anticipated a lengthy and difficult set up, however I was quite wrong. It was up and running in less than 5 minutes! In addition to the easy setup, I really like that the Garmin can use one's current location as a starting location. This really saves time for someone who is in a hurry or may be unsure of their current location.

Overall, I am very thankful for this technology. In the future, I (personally) will be able to use this device when traveling on business trips or just for the use of going on a road trip with my friends for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment